Friday, July 6, 2012

FINAL ROUND VOTING

After two months we are finally down to our last round! This round will be the deciding factor in crowning our Fashion King and Queen.


Votes will be based on 40% member votes (this poll) and 60% Soompi staff votes. This is to ensure that voting is not based on popularity, physical attractiveness (e.g. ulzzang contest), etc. but on the actual fashion itself. 

Voting ends July 15th, 2012 (11:59 PST).


--------------------------------------

THEME: Channel your fashion icon. In this round you will use a picture of your favorite icon and create a look inspired by that picture and/or their style. The picture used for inspiration must be submitted with your entry.



jellyace
Inspiration:
How would you describe your style?
I follow trends that I like and try to make them my own. I try to wear outfits that are simple and comfortable, but fashionable. My go-to outfit consists of high-waisted shorts, a belt, a shirt, a cardigan, and oxford shoes.

What does your clothes mean to you?
I believe clothes are important, since people have a tendency to judge others based on their appearance. Looking presentable can improve a person’s chance to leave a good and memorable impression, and clothing is a big factor in that. Clothes also have the power to make individuals stand out and have their personality shine without having to speak. They can increase one’s confidence and self-esteem, and sometimes, a change in a person’s style can mark a change in their life or personality, which has been the case for me a couple of times. All of these aspects are some of the reasons why I value my clothes so much.

Who/What is your fashion inspiration?
My fashion inspiration would probably be the model Sora Park because she wears her clothes with confidence. She also has a mature, but youthful look, as well as a sexy, but cute style which is really admirable. She embodies the fashionable young adult that I try to be, which is why she is my inspiration. I also get inspired by the people in lookbook.nu, as well as the people on Soompi’s “Official What Did You Wear Today” thread.

Do you believe that fashion gives you a sense of identity?
Yes, I do believe that fashion gives me a sense of identity. As cliché as it may be, clothes let me express myself and show my interests. For example, I like wearing graphic tees with video game characters on them to represent my nerdy side. Fashion is a way for me to stand out and be noticed.

What was the last thing you bought?
The last thing I bought was high-waisted jean shorts from Asos.

What would you never wear?
I would never wear crocs, and leggings as pants (if my shirt doesn’t cover my rear area).


agentdevil5656
Inspiration:
Name:
Victoria

How would you describe your style?
Casual & Neutral

What does your clothes mean to you?
My clothes is my way of expressing myself. They are important but not a necessasity.

Who/What is your fashion inspiration?
Majority of my inspiration comes from Tokyo's street fashion and Japanese magazine. There there is a mix of casual wear but with an edgy flare. (Blenda, ViVi, Kera..etc)

Do you believe that fashion gives you a sense of identity?
I believe fashion gives you ways to express yourself and in a way can be it can be a sense of identity. However, it does not mean that whatever you wear, defines who you are.

What was the last thing you bought?
Beige seude heels from Adrienne Vittadini

What would you never wear?
Spankies/Spandex short shorts


Soompi Fashion King and Queen FINAL -- FEMALE
pollcode.com free polls 

tinhieu
 Inspiration:
How would you describe your style?
Usually, I pack on whatever is clean. Haha… jk….kinda. But I dress accordingly to the weather. Layering is an essential for me. Dark, sober colours are my favourite.

What does your clothes mean to you?
My clothes mean that it is something I can wear and be comfortable with. Comfortable with how I look to myself.

Who/What is your fashion inspiration?
Kim Hyun Joong. I like how he layers his clothes. V-necks or a tank underneath the plaids. Casual and cool. And he’s so cool too!

Do you believe that fashion gives you a sense of identity?
Not a constant identity, but more like how I feel that day. Maybe it would give me an identity of a procrastinator... like mismatching socks because I don't have time to find the other missing sock, or something.

What was the last thing you bought?
It was a long time ago… I can’t remember. I think it was a circle scarf. lol. Time to buy new clothes, aw yeah!^^

What would you never wear?
UGGS. Uggs on girls… could be worse. UGGS ON GUYS... no comment; too busy throwing up.


JustMarcus
 Inspiration:
Name:
Marcus

How would you describe your style?
Comfortable and trendy, a little bit indie

What does your clothes mean to you?
Everything, I love my clothes. When I look good I feel good, therefore I can portray the best of myself to the world.

Who/What is your fashion inspiration?
I pretty much wear whatever I think looks good. I don’t really have a fashion icon, rather I take inspiration from different people, whether regular people on the street or celebrities.

Do you believe that fashion gives you a sense of identity?
Absolutely, how else would you stand out from the crowd? The way I dress epitomises who I am,  outgoing, stylish and put together but not too pretentious (I’m hoping)

What was the last thing you bought?
Suede loafers. I’m wearing them =]

What would you never wear?
CROCS!


Soompi Fashion King and Queen Round One -- MALE
pollcode.com free polls 





No comments:

Post a Comment